Featured Posts

How do I start my HGV training

The most regular question ask when a new trainee or company enquires about Category "C" HGV training is "what do I have to do?" Firstly I would suggest that you find a good reputable training provider that is willing to give the best help and advise you require. Most training companies will offer you a complete package from start to finish ( Provisional entitlement forms to test) however it is easy to do it yourself up to the practical training and tests, this will reduce the cost of the training.

1) Get both the D2 and D4 forms these are available to order from www.gov.uk/dvlaforms , some post offices or your training provider.

2) Arrange a medical and get the GP to fill out the D4 form. You can use your own doctor or some training providers can provide contact numbers it is always better to check out charges as these range from anything up to £150.00

3) Fill out the D2 form ensuring you mark the provisional entitlement(s) you require and post both D2 & D4 forms with your driving licence to the DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1BR. I suggest sending them registered, recorded or proof of posting.

4) Once the entitlement(s) have been applied to your licence you will be able to book your Theory and Hazard Perception Tests and if required your module 2DCPC Case study. This can be done at www.gov.uk/book-theory-test

5) Once you have passed both of these tests you are ready to start your HGV practical training.

I hope this has helped answer the question of what do I need to do to start my HGV training.

Posts are coming soon
Stay tuned...
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square