Featured Posts

Changes to HGV and Bus Driving Tests

You currently have to learn to drive and pass a driving test in a large rigid lorry (category C) before you can learn to drive and take a test in a large articulated lorry (category C+E).

The DVSA are Proposing to ask for changes to the law so that you’ll be able to:

  • learn to drive in an articulated lorry when you get your first provisional lorry licence

  • take your test in a large articulated lorry without having to pass a test in a large rigid lorry first

  • This has not been passed yet so you must still pass your category "C" test before taking your category "C+E" test.

  • Changes to the reversing exercise have not changed and therefore are still part of the DVSA test being done at the same time as the HGV / PCV practical test.

  • Follow the link to the information published by the DVSA below Changes to HGV and bus driving tests from autumn 2021

Posts are coming soon
Stay tuned...
Recent Posts